Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Locale and a normal fountain.

The fellow on the far left is my roommate. He and I are about as different as it is possible to be. However, he tries very hard to be considerate. The girl beside him is his girlfriend and the two people on the right are his friends.

There is a gym/junkyard across from where I live. The dogs were sleeping on that broken Fiat until I took a picture. Most non-pedigree dogs in Rome look like these


Below is a street fountain before the Appian way. They're all over the city and they're drinking fountains. It's possible to use them like a drinking fountain, but it's easiest to bring a bottle along.


The area where I live is safe but relatively inexpensive. The buildings are neither very old nor attractive. However, the cost of living is low. A good dozen cats live on my street. This one didn't run away when I got out my camera.


Here's my building. There's hundreds of 4 or 5 story buildings buildings that look like this around Rome. They are pretty sturdy though. Everything is gated here regardless of whether or not the area is dangerous. Fortunately, my area is safe.


Some buildings are only semi finished. people live in them though. An obnoxious German Shepherd barks at me every day from this house.


Another view of my street. People park wherever.

No comments: