Sunday, November 30, 2008

Appian Way

I made it out to the Appian way and walked there for a few hours. Unfortunately, my camera batteries died, so I only have a few pictures and some of them are too dark. Below is the old Appian way. It's wide enough for two cars and there is the occasional driver on it. I'll post some more pictures.

Villas are scattered here and there, but other than that it's quite uninhabited.


Below you can see a car, but I walked for walked minutes or more without seeing one. Some of the drivers know enough to slow down, but other's don't, which must do some serious damage to the suspension and undercarriage. A little white puppy followed me for ten minutes; he wasn't a stray, though. I met three dogs, all friendly.

Here it is as viewed from the center. The trees are simply magnificent. I only passed a half dozen people on my walk.

And the sun sets early now (4:30). It's hard to believe that there aren't sheep around; it seems like they'd fit the scene perfectly.

No comments: